Support & Response to the Current Climate
The current crises of COVID-19 and civil unrest have exacerbated pressures felt by Asians and Asian Americans. Over thirty percent of Americans have witnessed COVID-19 bias against Asians, according to a survey conducted by Center for Public Integrity.
Our expert presenter shares key issues, best practices and insights on establishing impactful campus initiatives, responses and actions to bias, and long-term programming for Asian and Asian-American populations.
You’ll be able to sensitively and inclusively understand and support this population on campus, as well as address unconscious bias and systemic racism against Asians within interpersonal interactions, departmental approaches, and institutional policies.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Gain a broader understanding of the historical foundations of anti-Asian racism related to national policies, media messaging and racial dynamics, as well as the crises of the current times — provide better support and effectively respond to current COVID-19 and civil unrest issues urgently impacting Asian and Asian American students.
- Define the terms Asian and Asian American — delve deeper into the complexity and intersectionality of language, immigration, religion, ethnic groups, and other aspects of Asian identity that can impact how this population is best served or may be excluded.
- Address systemic racism and unconscious bias — sensitively and inclusively support Asian and Asian American students through action and policy.
- Review key approaches and insights to establish impactful and inclusive campus initiatives and programming, including pitfalls to avoid and long-term planning.
Farzana Nayani is a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Specialist with Farzana Nayani, Consulting & Training. Farzana has been a recognized Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion specialist, coach, and speaker for over 20 years. She has worked with higher education institutions, school districts, corporations, public agencies, and non-profit organizations as a consultant and trainer on diversity and inclusion, intercultural communication, and unconscious bias.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on