All members of your campus community deserve the opportunity to thrive and be engaged on campus without fear of being targeted for who they are. Building an effective and fully functioning Bias Response Team (BRT) can help to build a culture of inclusion by implementing appropriate response protocols, engaging those who were involved in the incident, and monitoring your campus climate to allocate resources and create educational initiatives.
Gather your colleagues and join our expert presenter to hear how you can develop an effective Bias Reporting System and Team. You’ll be able to understand how bias affects conduct and equity work; recruit and train campus stakeholders; determine the positionality of the team to ensure it is a cross-institutional resource; and develop training and marketing materials.
As a result of this online training, participants will be able to:
- Develop a better understanding of the components of an effective Bias Reporting System and Response Team on your campus – enhance all students’ experiences through a campus-wide culture of inclusion and equity.
- Understand jurisdiction and scope of response – balance freedom of speech while upholding the diversity and equity commitments of your institution.
- Recruit, support, and retain valuable team members – develop training so your team can effectively respond to a variety of reports, work with different accountability structures and collaborate with other offices and engage in self-care.
- Assess your campus climate related to bias and inclusion – ensure cross-institutional resources are appropriated to develop programs that build a culture of inclusion and uphold your campus mission.
- Understand the various forms of accountability and responsibility around building communities that celebrate difference – generate buy-in from key stakeholders to build and support effective bias reporting and response protocols on your campus.
Ali Martin Scoufield is currently the Assistant Vice President for Campus Engagement and Dean of Students at Cleveland State University (CSU) in Cleveland, Ohio.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on