Special Offer Through November 30th:
A $799 value for only $599!
The ripple effects of a campus bias incident are felt far and wide: impacting those who are targeted, those responding, and those whose sense of agency, safety and belonging is compromised when they hear about such an incident. It’s a difficult reality on today’s campuses, as you work to respond effectively, holding discussions, looking out for students who’ve been traumatized, making reports and educating the community.
Beyond responding, staff members also need to employ proactive strategies to help prevent bias situations from occurring. This comes in the form of programming, hosting intergroup dialogues, becoming empathetic listeners, integrating inclusion into departmental practices, addressing bias-related issues and taking a hard look at their own biases.
Employing bias prevention, reporting, response and training strategies is some of the most important campus work you can do. And the Campus Bias Solutions Training Package offers a wide variety of tools you can use to prepare for and do the work — with intention, awareness and care.
Inside the 120-page guide, A Guide to Effective Bias Reporting, Response and Training Systems: Intentional Strategies for Furthering Campus Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Efforts, you’ll find useful tools on the following topics:
- Defining bias incidents
- The difference between bias incidents and hate crimes
- Designing your reporting system
- Handling anonymous reports
- Communicating what happens next
- Providing support
- Developing clear, helpful online tools
- Issues of protected speech
- Sanctioning bias-motivated conduct violations
- Increasing trust and transparency
- Training your community
- Being aware of legal challenges
- Eliminating bias incidents from happening
The 80-page guide, Campus Bias Prevention and Response Training Tools: Resources to Create Inclusive, Community-Minded Campuses of Care, includes ready-to-use resources covering these key topics:
- How to recognize a bias incident
- Definitions to know
- Reporting and documenting bias incidents
- Proactive strategies to address issues of bias and raise awareness
- How bias incidents can impact individuals
- How bystanders can intervene effectively
- Effective ways to handle the aftermath of a bias incident
- How to set up conversations with students
- Becoming an ally to targeted groups
- Recognizing and addressing bias-related issues
- Focusing on marginalization and its impacts
- Responding in a trauma-informed manner
- Trying to understand offenders and their motivations
- Recognizing your personal feelings about bias and related experiences
- Facilitating effective intergroup dialogues
- Holding implicit and/or unconscious bias training
- Tapping into empathetic listening for greater success
- Integrating inclusion efforts and creating inclusive spaces
- Implementing Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (J.E.D.I.) trainings
- Exploring concepts of identity and intersectionality
- Creating belonging through genuine inclusion and empathetic connections
- Recognizing the impact of cultural taxation and emotional labor on faculty, staff and student leaders
Includes two resources! Use the cost-saving Campus Bias Solutions Training Package and you can:
Train campus community members with hands-on tools, including bias prevention and response fact sheets, worksheets, activities, discussion prompts, self-work and case studies and much more.
- Address the complexities involved with bias reporting systems and design a campus approach that works.
Learn how other institutions are conducting their bias prevention and response training programs, plus effective programs engaging today’s students that you can adapt for your own campus.
Save time, effort and energy training staff members to make bias prevention part of their daily work.
Plus, your purchase also includes a site license to share with your staff and campus community!
Two Versions to Choose From
Printed with Digital Download – includes a printed copy of both resources as well as digital access to the enclosed materials and accompanying license to share with your campus community. Plus FREE shipping when you order by November 30, 2023!
- Digital Download Only – includes digital access to both resources and accompanying license to share with your campus community.
Upon purchase, the instructions for downloading this training package will be immediately available. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on