Lead the Way with These Free Speech Training & Awareness Tools for Your Campus
Support student activism while also supporting institutional policies and procedures! Help students find their voices when it comes to important issues, not squelch them.
The Campus Free Speech Resource Kit:
- Provides information up front so students can make informed choices when engaging in free speech and peaceful assembly situations.
- Addresses the very real concerns that faculty and staff have about legal issues, policies and actions related to protected and unprotected speech – in the classroom, during events, as private citizens, etc.
- Raises awareness about activism, engagement and using free speech effectively now, rather than in the throes of unrest.
How This Kit Can Help:
The Campus Free Speech Education Kit can help your team of professionals and students in these 10 important ways:
- Helps administrators better know how to support student activism (“their right”) while also supporting institutional policies and procedures (“their responsibility”).
- Demonstrates that campus officials want to help students make their voices be heard when it comes to important issues, not squelch them.
- Breaks through misunderstandings about what free speech is and is not.
- Addresses faculty and staff concerns about legal issues, policies and actions related to protected and unprotected speech – in a variety of forums.
- Provides trainers with practical tools to proactively address free speech and peaceful assembly issues before campus incidents arise.
- Brings up important free speech topics for discussion and engagement so students can learn to make their voices heard in safe, effective ways – now and throughout their lives.
- Offers upfront information so students can make informed choices when engaging in free speech and peaceful assembly situations.
- Provides a ready-made presentation and training materials to help raise free speech awareness among campus community members.
- Supports faculty and staff in their key roles supporting students – and their free speech rights.
- Guides those at various levels of free speech awareness through what if and how-to scenarios to better prepare them for the realities of today’s campus life.
What’s IncludedThe Full Campus Free Speech Education Kit Includes:
- 5 full-color, 16x20" informative free speech posters to post in key campus locations
- 100 copies of our Pocket Guide to Free Speech & Peaceful Assembly brochure for students
- The 100+ page Campus Free Speech Training Guide: Awareness, Preparation & Action Binder, with reproducible materials available for download on a password-protected website
- The Free Speech 101 PowerPoint Presentation, with talking points and reproducible handouts, to use with student groups to proactively promote positive, peaceful action and assembly
Two Versions to Choose From
Printed with Digital Download – includes a printed copy of this resource as well as digital access to the enclosed materials and accompanying license to share with your campus community.
Price includes $9 shipping fee.
- Digital Download Only – includes digital access to this resource and accompanying license to share with your campus community.
Upon purchase, the instructions for downloading this resource will be immediately available. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.