Belonging is a potent force on today’s campuses. It impacts students’ well-being, engagement and campus success, giving them a reason to stay. Yet, it’s not just up to students to find their place.
Instead, it’s about fostering an inclusive campus culture of belonging where everyone can thrive, everyone is heard and everyone has ownership. Student learners need to be at the center of our efforts, as we work to build campuses that feel like home to all.
We’ve developed Creating a Campus Culture of Belonging to guide you in this important work.
Belonging and DEI
Incorporating belonging into campus diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) efforts is becoming the norm on today’s campuses. It’s a form of shared equity leadership, making that sense of home, place, responsibility and value come to life. When students don’t feel like they belong, facing microaggressions and other forms of racism, the extra cognitive energy they expend can get in the way of their academic and personal success.
Foster an Inclusive Campus Culture Where Student Learners Are at the Center of Your Efforts
This 115-page resource includes:
- Programs and Initiatives. Find many examples of belonging-centered programming happening on campuses throughout the country that you can adapt to your own institution.
- Creating a Culture of Belonging. Explore why belonging is becoming a key focus of DEI and other programs, putting the responsibility on institutions to make this a major part of the student experience. Examine how to create that culture of belonging and care through awareness, action and the development of critical connection points.
- Strategies and Structures. Discover how belonging is being added to office and position titles, plus how the concept is being incorporated into campus structures and more.
- Training Resources. Tap into ready-made handouts, interactive worksheets and more to use when training staff members to create campus cultures of belonging.
Two Versions to Choose From
Printed with Digital Download and Online Access – includes a printed copy of this resource as well as digital access to the enclosed materials and accompanying license to share with your campus community. Price includes $9 shipping fee.
- Digital Download and Online Access Only – includes digital access to this resource and accompanying license to share with your campus community.
Upon purchase, the instructions for downloading this resource will be immediately available. For questions, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on