Effective Response Skills to Ensure Positive Outcomes and Exceptional Service
Support and customer service staff encounter people at their best and their worst under “normal circumstances”. The pandemic and post pandemic practices have exacerbated those interactions and demands on their time and skills. Providing high quality service and adapting to changing expectations can be overwhelming. Campus Support Staff need to develop new skills to better serve their evolving current and prospective student body and families with confidence and embrace the critical role they play in retention, ensure consistent messaging, and maintain extensive knowledge of college processes and procedures.
Gather your staff working on the frontline for this professional development training and join our expert presenter for proven methods to create positive solutions to situations and customer service challenges your campus support staff faces daily.
Prepare your staff to provide exceptional service in the most trying of situations!
As a result of this online training, participants will be able to:
- Create a customer service culture that embraces your mission and upholds your institutional values – prepare your staff to address difficult people and situations confidently and professionally so that they can provide outstanding service while maintaining a safe environment.
- Develop organizational procedures, policies and strategies that allow staff to feel confident and secure in their response protocol – ensure they implement proven methods to create positive solutions to the evolving situations and challenges they face daily.
- Foster an environment that will help “customers” feel valued and appreciated – understand their issues and needs and provide positive outcomes that lead to an exceptional service experience.
- Encourage support staff to incorporate excellent customer service and positively utilize policy and rules when working with customers – empower staff to use the appropriate behavior, response, and conflict management skills to provide exceptional service under the most trying of situations.
- Establish guidelines that allow support staff to feel confident and secure in their response protocol – boost support staff to avoid potential burn out, improve employee satisfaction, retention rates and overall departmental operations.
Ali Martin Scoufield is currently the Assistant Vice President for Campus Engagement and Dean of Students at Cleveland State University (CSU) in Cleveland, Ohio.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on