Monday, January 22, 2024
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
Balance ADA, Court Rulings and Institutional Policies to Make Critical Decisions with Confidence
Gain the confidence to update and improve existing student policies, to reduce confusion, and to make difficult conversations with students and their families easier. Protect your institution from unwanted costly lawsuits & determine the best way to respond to students who are deemed to be a threat to themselves or others.
Join our expert presenter on Monday, January 22, 2024, as she provides the practical advice you are seeking and the roadmap you need to craft policies for safety concerns, leaves and readmissions that will help make defensible decisions that prioritize the student’s well-being. She will breakdown the recent case law about suicidal students, as well as the enforcement actions pursued by the Office for Civil Rights and the Department of Justice.
Gain crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you:
- Craft a defensible policy for circumstances where a student must be involuntarily removed from enrollment.
- Share expectations about when there is a serious safety concern to help employees who support students to know when to escalate a concern.
- Navigate various types of departures (leave of absence, withdrawal, disciplinary sanction) successfully based on the most up-to-date information on relevant laws, including the ADA and Section 504.
- Gain confidence to update and improve your institution’s current policies when making difficult decisions regarding your students’ and community members’ safety and well-being.
- Draft institutional policies to ensure compliance with the law, and support decision making by administrators and behavioral intervention teams.
- Explore the multiple factors that may contribute to a decision on whether a student may be re-admitted.
Hannah Ross currently serves as the General Counsel, Chief of Staff, and Secretary to the Corporation at Middlebury College in Vermont.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Access for your entire team for one low price
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you approximately 24 hours following the live webinar. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-295-0505 with any questions. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.
PaperClip Communications welcomes persons with disabilities to join our webinars. If you anticipate needing an accommodation or have questions about the online access provided, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance of your participation.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on