Monday, April 17, 2023
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
Training to Address High-Risk Behavior & Overcome Leadership Gaps
Create a shared desire to provide a safe environment and an accountable community
High-risk behavior such as binge drinking and hazing are infamously associated with members of Greek organizations. Although this doesn’t happen solely within Greek Life, the spotlight seems to shine on this group more frequently than other student groups. Now, more than ever, we are navigating a “new normal” that has been shaped by the pandemic - leaving leadership, social norming, and behavioral expectation gaps. As a result, current leaders are struggling to lead their peers and manage high-risk behaviors many of their members engage in.
For the campus professional, this “new normal” is often confusing, and overwhelming. The baseline knowledge that we have come to expect from our student leaders is not there.
Join us on Monday, April 17, 2023, when our expert presenter will help practitioners train Greek student leaders to lead their peers effectively. Create a safe environment and opportunities for students to learn and use life skills so they become better problem-solvers and thrive in their leadership and future roles.
Managing high-risk behavior remains a top priority for all fraternity/sorority professionals. Meet today’s students where they are at, provide a different kind of support based on their individual experiences and create a true paradigm shift within your campus community.
You will gain crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you:
- Determine which high-risk behaviors are the most acute for your specific community – develop a plan for training and support of student leaders that will build skill around managing high-risk behavior.
- Identify critical stakeholders who can help students manage risk – establish partnerships with stakeholders in student conduct, case management, health and wellness, and law enforcement who can provide extra support to students as they navigate tough high-risk issues.
- Create engagement structures that allow students to be a part of the solution – take a “back to basics” approach to make informed decisions on helping students with event management, managing risk and peer accountability to help ensure their individual success and the success of your Greek community.
- Determine a solid vision for the future – utilize forward-thinking strategies and innovative approaches to remove obstacles to change and build a solid foundation to support the growth and viability of your Greek community.
- Create a safe environment and opportunities for students to learn and use life skills – help students learn from their missteps in a way that will lead them to improve their decision-making skills to thrive in their leadership roles and in the future.
Stephanie Paige Baldwin is the Director of Fraternity & Sorority Life at the University of Colorado Boulder.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available 24-48 hours after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you 24 hours following the live webinar. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-295-0505.
For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.