Strategies to Stay Motivated & Avoid Burnout
Many professional staff and faculty have described their toolboxes as being empty. Their ability to motivate themselves, let alone their colleagues, has become difficult, if not nearly impossible. To add to this frustration, competing priorities, external pressures, and burnout have resulted in an inordinate loss of institutional knowledge due to turnover. This has created a very real and tangible impact on morale and retention that everyone is struggling to overcome.
Our expert presenter discusses the current higher ed work environment and its serious implications on workplace culture and morale. She specifically designed this presentation to outline immediate, intermediate, and long-term strategies to refill your toolboxes, improve morale, create work/life balance, and highlight the role everyone plays in making a positive difference in campus culture.
At the conclusion of this 90-minute online training, you will be better able to:
- Avoid losing essential personnel and institutional knowledge and overburdening staff left to fill vacated roles – provide short and long-term strategies to improve morale and make a positive impact on campus culture.
- Foster a campus-wide environment and training process that will help faculty and staff feel valued and appreciated – support their important role on campus and avoid potential burn out, improve employee satisfaction, increase retention and improve productivity. Reinforce their decision to be a productive part of your campus community!
- Encourage faculty and staff to take control of their own health and wellness before they become disengaged or experience negative health implications or quit – engage in sometimes difficult transparent and timely conversations to better help them balance work and home life.
- Understand the key elements of change management, effective communication, team dynamics, and how to adapt to shifts in responsibility or culture – identify and implement strategies that develop high performing teams, including ways to manage challenging staff, to have a more productive team.
Dr. Staci Phelan currently serves as the Division Administrator for the Division of Management Services in the Department of Health and Welfare for the State of Idaho.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on