Strategies to Attract and Yield a Global Population to Increase Enrollment
Many colleges hope to turn to a growing international market to stabilize enrollment as the “demographic cliff” approaches, but don’t know exactly where to begin. International student recruitment can be complicated and challenging, but with a thoughtful strategic approach, it can yield incredible rewards and bring global diversity to your campus. Learn from two experts who have created the conditions to increase global diversity at Augustana College from less than 1% of enrollment to 15%.
Learn about innovative practices in international recruitment. The presenters will provide a wide range of ideas and strategies that can be shaped and adopted by a variety of campuses. You’ll explore what has and has not worked as Augustana College has rose to a position of national leadership for international enrollment with a global population representing more than 40 nations.
Gain crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you:
- Learn why international student recruitment is here to stay in the age of the “demographic cliff” – draw from best practices in engaging stakeholders in international student recruitment to make international student enrollment a steady, predictable part of your recruitment and revenue model.
- Gain an understanding of best practices for agent and counselor partnerships and why these partnerships are an essential part of the international student enrollment cycle – drive the right students to your institution.
- Learn how to develop key systems to apply data to guide your recruitment strategy and decision-making to be more efficient and effective in your efforts – ensure your fiscal and human resources are allocated appropriately to yield results.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of diversification within your international student pool – ensure that reliance on only one or two geographic markets doesn't disrupt your enrollment stream.
Liz Nino is the Executive Director of International Enrollment at Augustana College. As a result of her work, Augustana College was recognized as the top 15 Baccalaureate Colleges in the United States enrolling international students.
Click here for full bio.
Kent Barnds is the Executive Vice President for External Relations – Advancement, Communication, Enrollment & Planning – at Augustana College.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on