Thursday, November 2, 2023
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
Improve Engagement & Retention
Off-campus students can often struggle with belonging on campus. They don’t have the built in connection from living learning communities, mandatory courses, residence life staff, or messages from on-campus experiences. There is a lack of student engagement with off-campus students when it comes to participation in student organizations, attendance at university-wide programs, and overall time spent on campus.
Off-campus students are a diverse group – and a one-size-fits-all approach will not provide the unique support they need.
Join us on November 2, 2023 when our presenter will share initiatives and outreach strategies for today’s off-campus students – all which can be completed with minimal budget and resources.
Proactively educate students about navigating local laws and regulations, give them tools for handling day-to-day functions, and provide avenues for support on a schedule that works for them. Streamline your communication to ensure university updates are targeted to off-campus students so they feel engaged and satisfied with their collegiate experience and supported as they work towards completing their academic goals.
Gain crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you:
- Identify space where students can be comfortable on campus – help off-campus students feel welcomed and valued on campus.
- Tailor orientation and onboarding programs to the off-campus student experience – highlight the resources available to students to maximize their time on campus utilizing the resources afforded to them.
- Create a consistent communication plan for off-campus students – streamline communication to ensure that announcements and opportunities are targeted to off-campus students in the same way they are to on-campus students.
- Create partnerships with property management companies and offer ways students can connect with properties to see if they would be a good fit for the student's lifestyle – help students make smart decisions about their living arrangements, so they don’t end up in a situation that impedes their academic progress and success.
- Develop a tenant education program with incentives to complete the program – educate on city and university policies when living off-campus, as well as how to be a good neighbor when living in a community.
Stephanie Ganser is currently serving as the inaugural Director of the Adult Learner experience at Virginia Commonwealth University. She oversees adult learner outreach and initiatives to undergraduate students prior to enrollment through graduation. She also serves as the liaison between corporate partners that offer educational benefits for their employees to complete degrees, including relationships with Amazon and UPS.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available 24-48 hours after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you 24 hours following the live webinar. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 1-866-295-0505 with any questions. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PaperClip Communications welcomes persons with disabilities to join our webinars. If you anticipate needing an accommodation or have questions about the online access provided, please email email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of your participation.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on