Monday, May 22, 2023
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
Strategies to Avoid Costly Turnover & Increase Retention Rates
Reinforce your new employees’ decision to accept their position on your campus.
We are currently in unprecedented times when it comes to hiring and retaining staff. Many institutions report unfilled positions, failed searches, and staff leaving at record rates resulting in staff and hiring managers feeling defeated, overwhelmed, and frustrated at the hiring process.
Protect the investment you make in a new hire through effective and comprehensive onboarding strategies. These strategies will get new employees “up and running” quickly with understanding of both job responsibilities and campus culture so they can focus on long term success in their new role.
Gather your faculty and staff that are part of the hiring and onboarding process and join us on Monday, May 22, 2023. Our expert presenter will ensure that you and your team are using the tools at your disposal to outline best practices and proven strategies for enhancing your new employee recruitment, onboarding, and retention efforts. You’ll learn how to meet your department’s needs, as well as those of the new staff members, so you can improve satisfaction and retention rates of your new hires.
Streamline the recruitment process, engage key stakeholders in the onboarding process and increase retention efforts of new employees to avoid turnover and costly search processes.
As a result of this webinar, you will leave with the tools to:
- Create a streamlined strategy for an effective recruitment, interview, and onboarding process – ensure a smooth and successful transition of new hires and avoid costly and unwanted turnover.
- Develop the framework for a successful onboarding process – engage key stakeholders through clear and tangible responsibilities to get new employees “up and running” quickly and effectively so they can be successful in their new role at your institution.
- Avoid losing tens of thousands of dollars, unwanted turnover and overburdening staff left to fill the role vacated by an unsuccessful hire – utilize your fiscal and human resources effectively to prevent wasted time, effort, and energy.
- Foster an environment and onboarding process that will help new employees feel valued and appreciated – support their transition to campus and avoid potential burn out, improve employee satisfaction, increase retention rates and improve productivity. Reinforce their decision to accept their position on your campus!
- Develop meaningful ways for new employees to connect with the purpose of the organization – utilize their skills and passion to further that aim and create institutional affinity.
Dr. Staci Phelan currently serves as the Division Administrator for the Division of Management Services in the Department of Health and Welfare for the State of Idaho. Previously she served as the Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management at Idaho State University overseeing Financial Aid, Scholarships, New Student Orientation, the Office of the Registrar, Systems and Data Management, and Admissions and Recruiting.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available 24-48 hours after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you 24 hours following the live webinar. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-295-0505.
For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.