The success of orientation depends on your orientation staff being well-informed, confident and prepared.
The Orientation Training Tools Package has everything you need to help you train and prepare your orientation leaders!
- Use the 11 comprehensive PowerPoint presentations to present training topics with minimum work and maximum efficiency.
- Use the 130+ page of Fact Sheets with orientation leaders during in-person training or send PDFs to your leaders for online training.
- Use the 50-page Facilitator's Guide for training activities, management issues, case studies and more.
Modular Training for your Orientation Leaders and Professional Staff on these 11 critical topics
- Group Facilitation
- Key Student Issues
- Leader Skills
- Representation & Retention
- Faculty & Academics
- Providing Resources
- Nuts & Bolts
- Parents & Families
- Different Populations
The 130+ page Binder – You get this 130+ page binder with Fact Sheets that cover key topics student orientation leaders need to know to do their jobs well and to develop effective leadership skills in the meantime. Use these fact sheets to:
- Focus on all 11 topic areas when training your student staff or spotlight just a few of the topic areas, based on the training needs of your OLs.
- Provide in-person training using these handouts and the PowerPoint presentations – they correspond to each other directly so you don't have to worry about getting your training organized!
- Provide online training ahead of time – send the PDFs to your orientation leaders so they're prepared when they arrive on campus.
The 55-page Facilitator's Guide – In addition, you'll receive a 55-page binder for facilitators filled with activities, icebreakers, training and facilitation strategies, event planning considerations, management tips, case studies and more. Use the resources in the binder to:
- Work more effectively with your orientation planning committee
- Plan interesting and effective training locations, food, themes, green initiatives and activities
- Incorporate academics into the life of your orientation program
- Stir up good orientation leader discussions and learning when you tap into the group games and case studies
- Get your group to know one another better
11 Ready-Made PowerPoint presentations – These accompanying presentations provide an overview of each of the training topics, so you can present specific topics that meet your group's unique needs.
Plus, your purchase includes a site license to share with your staff and campus community – perfect for your remote training initiatives!
Two Versions to Choose From
Printed with Digital Download – includes printed copy of these binders as well as digital access to the enclosed materials and accompanying license to share with your campus community. Price includes $12 shipping fee.
- Digital Download Only – includes digital access to these resources and accompanying license to share with your campus community.
Upon purchase, the instructions for downloading this resource will be immediately available. For questions, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on