Building Antiracist Colleges & Universities
Breaking down barriers to success, while creating a more liberated and inclusive environment, has never been more important than it is right now. In order for institutions to perform and produce at their highest potential, diversity, equity and inclusion work must be done with intentionality and understanding. The current state of race and systemic racism in higher education requires your attention if your institution is going to move forward with a commitment to become more antiracist.
Gather your colleagues, and join our expert presenters — Dr. Jamie Washington, Dr. Beth Douthirt Cohen and Dr. becky martinez from The Washington Consulting Group — as they engage in this critical conversation on the current state of race and systemic racism in higher education and what’s next for race in 2021 and beyond.
You’ll walk away with thoughts from these experts on what they see as opportunities, challenges and concerns that you should consider in moving forward to maintain your commitment so you and your colleagues can actively and strategically act as active agents of change from whatever seat you occupy.
Get actionable takeaways so you can:
- Share clear definitions of foundation terms for engaging race and racism — take your department and institution to the next level of greatness, through a lens of diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice.
- Identify and engage in conversation regarding “old technologies” for doing race work — upgrade your mindset and that of your staff so you can be more effective at creating systemic transformation and change.
- Understand the role and dynamics of microaggressions, implicit bias, white fragility and resistance to addressing antiracism — move everyone in your department in the same direction so you can remain committed to doing the work to become more antiracist.
- Engage staff, faculty and administrators — provide them with tools for becoming active agents of change from whatever seat they occupy.
The Washington Consulting Group brings more than three decades of knowledge and experience to diversity, equity and inclusion work in higher education. Drs. Jamie Washington, Beth Douthirt Cohen and becky martinez all serve as faculty for The Social Justice Training Institute. The Institute has nearly 5,000 alumni from all across the country. The panelists bring experiences that include consulting, coaching, training, program assessment and cultural audits. They have collectively served in roles at all levels of higher education. They bring the ability to speak to new professionals and senior leaders.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.