Tools, Strategies & Activities For Staff Training & Development
When your residence life leaders are well-informed, confident and prepared, you’re bound to have a more positive, productive year! Plus, staff and students will stay safer and healthier, efforts will be more inclusive, responsibilities will be understood and communication will improve.
The Residence Life Training Package provides the resources you need to train staff members on key community topics. This two-volume set can be used:
- During beginning-of-the-year staff training programs
- As part of your ongoing in-service or professional development efforts
- During staff meetings to address immediate needs
- As an element of online, self-directed training programs
Tap into this comprehensive collection of fact sheets, reflections, how-to strategies, ideas and training activities. As a result, your training program will be more robust, engaging and effective!
Within this two-volume training set, you’ll find in-depth information within the following 10 topic areas:
- Community Building
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Ethics and Role Modeling
- Diversity, Social Justice and Inclusion
- Mental and Emotional Health
- Academic and Personal Development
- Communication Strategies
- Safety and Crisis Management
Plus, there’s a bonus section full of training activities for res life trainers to use with the topics above.
What’s IncludedResidence Life Training Guide Volume One and Volume Two
These two 100-page training guides are filled with:
- Informational fact sheets that explore key staff training topics
- Handouts that can be used in person or delivered virtually
- Reflections to help student staff make meaning of the information presented
- How-to strategies for on-the-job situations
- Ideas about everything from programming to inclusive language — and much more
- Training activities that go with each of the 10 key topic areas, to help trainers bring the topics to life in an interactive manner
Plus, your purchase includes a site license to share with your staff and campus community — perfect for your remote training initiatives!
Residence life trainers will find the tools they need to create educational, invigorating training programs, all within the pages of these training guides. The Residence Life Training Package is your one-stop shop as you ready to plan, implement and experience effective, high-quality staff trainings.
Two Versions to Choose From
Printed with Digital Download – includes a printed copy of each of these two training guides as well as digital access to the enclosed materials via a password-protected website and accompanying license to share with your campus community. Price includes $12 shipping fee.
- Digital Download Only – includes digital access to the materials in both resources and accompanying license to share with your campus community.
Upon purchase, the instructions for downloading this resource will be immediately available. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-295-0505.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on