Recruit, Select & Train to Utilize New Technologies & Ways of Connecting with Prospective Students
Training student ambassadors now requires new technologies and creative ways of connecting with prospective students and their families. This is more important than ever to set your campus apart from others, as virtual campus visit programs may become a mainstay at institutions across the country.
Recruit, select and train student ambassadors to safeguard the high standards and expectations you have created within your department to support remote enrollment and retention initiatives.
Our expert presenter shares with you how she has made a transformative impact on the student ambassador program. Implementing virtual student ambassador selection and training sessions and remote supervision strategies has enabled the institution to provide high-quality virtual visits and experiences to prospective students.
Exceed your enrollment goals by training your student ambassadors on effective new technologies and ways of connecting with prospective students that make a difference in their decision to enroll.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Use virtual recruitment, selection and training to build a strong and eclectic student ambassador program – effectively prepare your student ambassadors to support remote enrollment and retention initiatives to meet – or exceed – institutional enrollment goals, even in these unprecedented times.
- Foster a culture of excellence within your ambassador program – utilize the technology available to empower your student leaders to serve as professional representatives of your institution and your department.
- Safeguard the high standards and expectations you have created within your department to support remote enrollment and retention initiatives – focus your training efforts to promote the goals of your institution and ensure your student leaders are true ambassadors of the campus, even while operating virtually.
- Set your campus apart from others – reinforce students’ and their families’ decision to choose your campus for their higher education experience by preparing your student ambassador team to provide a seamless presentation of everything your campus has to offer.
Natalie Rooney (she/her/hers) serves as the Associate Director of Visit Programs at Oregon State University. In this role, she works with prospective students/families and operates the Oregon State University Welcome Center. She is responsible for hiring/training/supervising the student TOUR ambassador staff and overseeing daily campus visits, group visits, large visit days and other campus visit programs, all of which have been operating remotely since March 2020. She also has previous professional experience in new student orientation, transition, and retention programs.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.