“Student learning, persistence, and attainment in college are strongly associated with student engagement. The more actively engaged students are—with college faculty and staff, with other students, with the subject matter they are studying—the more likely they are to persist in their college studies and to achieve at higher levels.”
– The Community College Survey of Student Engagement
When students engage in campus life, they tend to feel more connected, do better academically, benefit from a healthier social support system and have an enhanced sense of belonging. Plus, they’re more likely to stick around and persist to graduation. Student engagement is intentional and involves programmatic, participatory, purposeful strategies that enhance students’ sense of belonging, inclusion and well-being.
Yet, in today’s post-pandemic college world, after years of online learning, it’s more difficult to motivate students to engage. They no longer see the full value and purpose. You may be seeing the signs:
- Dwindling attendance at programs
- Fewer applicants for campus leadership positions
- Less participation in discussions and office hours
- Students not leaving their rooms as frequently… and more
However, while the situation can sometimes feel dire, there is hope. Tap into this comprehensive resource to re-engage students in campus life! It is filled with 50 campus initiatives you can adapt to your own institution as well as multiple strategies to help revive your campus engagement efforts.
Key Topics for Student Engagement
Within this 95+ page resource, you'll find:
- An overview of student engagement strategies and theories that enhance a sense of belonging, visibility, inclusion, community and well-being among today’s students
- Over 50 initiatives that a diverse range of campuses are using to engage their students, including through…
- Social media
- Connection points
- And much more!
Two Versions to Choose From
Printed with Digital Download and Online Access – includes a printed copy of this resource as well as digital access to the enclosed materials and accompanying license to share with your campus community. Price includes $9 shipping fee
- Digital Download and Online Access Only – includes digital access to this resource and accompanying license to share with your campus community.
The instructions for downloading this resource will be available immediately upon purchase. For questions, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on