Wednesday, December 13, 2023
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
Assess Your Policies and Current Case Law to Minimize Liability
Your student handbook is one of the most important documents that you provide to your faculty, students, and community each year.
Join our seasoned, engaging presenter on December 13, 2023, as he shares his years of experience drafting and writing new college handbooks. He will provide an overview of the key components necessary for an effective student handbook – including how to write up-to-date policies that reflect your institution’s mission and code of conduct and safeguards your students and institution. Additionally, he will examine the latest case law regarding the student handbook being a “contract” between the school and student and the essential federal and state law changes that need to be considered to reduce your institution’s liability.
Confidently audit your handbook to avoid mistakes and help protect against legal challenges and costly litigation.
Gain crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you:
- Conduct a comprehensive annual student handbook assessment confidently with key campus stakeholders and your institution’s legal counsel.
- Remain compliant with federal and state laws that need to be considered in the audit process to reduce your institution’s liability.
- Draft a handbook that reflects your institution’s mission, student conduct code and behavior expectations with well written, current, and clear policies and procedures.
- Explore the latest case law regarding the student handbook being a “contract” between the school and student so you can avoid costly litigation by presenting clear expectations.
Dr. Grant L. Azdell currently serves as the Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students, and is a Professor at Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, Virginia.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Access for your entire team for one low price
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you approximately 24 hours following the live webinar. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-295-0505 with any questions. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.
PaperClip Communications welcomes persons with disabilities to join our webinars. If you anticipate needing an accommodation or have questions about the online access provided, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance of your participation.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on