Prevention Strategies to Protect Your Students and Ensure Institutional Compliance
In 2022 alone, the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline received more than 5 million calls, texts and chats. As is well known, the mental health crisis extends to college students.
Our expert presenter, Dr. Meggen Sixbey (University of Florida), reviews ways to create a campus-wide approach to preventing and addressing acts of suicide and violence against others. Practical suicide and homicide intervention strategies and theories to help you recognize risk factors, triggers and warning signs will be explored and applied through a case study.
Protect your campus from potential loss and preventable tragedy.
As a result of this online training, you will be better able to:
- Train faculty and staff to recognize risk factors, triggers and stressors, and warning behaviors to intervene and refer at-risk students confidently and effectively.
- Educate your campus community about the clues, warning signs and intervention strategies to prevent a campus tragedy, drawing from reputable work related to murder-suicide and how it relates to preventing acts of violence overall.
- Initiate a campus wide dialogue with faculty, staff, administration and students on the current mental health crisis and campus policies that address “students of concern”.
- Develop prevention strategies that protect your institution and students from inflicting self-harm or foreseeable violence to others by engaging in the difficult dialogues to build confidence and comfort to ensure intervention occurs for both suicide and homicide concerns.
Dr. Meggen Tucker Sixbey is the Assistant Director at the University of Florida’s Police Department, overseeing the Behavioral Services Division which incorporates oversight of the campus threat assessment team, police-clinician teams, and victim advocates.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on