Encourage Meaningful Conversation & Improve the Climate for Minoritized Staff on Campus
Campuses across the country have been intentional in increasing the demographic diversity of its faculty, staff and students. While many campuses have had success diversifying, they have struggled to prepare those who are responsible for supervising, training, mentoring and developing their diverse team or supervisees to do so with a diversity, equity and inclusion lens.
Hear from expert presenter – Rev. Dr. Jamie Washington, the President and Founder of the Washington Consulting Group – as he discusses the challenges that can develop and take place when a supervisor has not been prepared to engage the impact of identity as a dynamic that informs the supervisory relationship.
You’ll be able to explore how your social identities impact your relationship with supervisees, encourage meaningful conversation across difference and improve the climate for minoritized staff on your campus.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Determine who you are as a supervisor – explore how your social identities impact your world view as it relates to working with supervisees.
- Create a more welcoming environment for those around you – invite honest engagement about and across difference.
- Understand equality vs. equity – engage successfully in these dynamics so you can improve your climate overall.
- Own the mistakes you make as a supervisor and learn from that experience – repair and restore relationships when you have made mistakes as a supervisor.
- Lead a diverse team – bring along other members who don’t understand supervision through a diversity, equity and inclusion lens and who feel that minoritized staff are receiving “special treatment”.
Rev. Dr. Jamie Washington, Pronouns (He/Him/His) is the President & Founder of the Washington Consulting Group (WCG). WCG was named by the Economist as one of the Top 10 Global Diversity Consultants in the world.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on