Special Offer: Save $100 through March 29, 2024!
Prepare Your Campus, Address Concerns, Promote Respectful Engagement & Raise Awareness
Tap into the educational power and possibility of this election season while keeping campus community members safe, informed and engaged.
Passionate disagreements, divisive protests, insensitivity toward those who think differently and an increase in acts of bias often accompany presidential election years. And the road to November 2024 appears no different.
The 2024 Elections Resource Kit offers campus professionals resources to handle divisive, challenging issues, program proactively and help make this election season an educational, awareness-raising opportunity.
It also provides strategies to handle the difficult parts that may arise, from intense disagreements to ugly, divisive political rhetoric, disruptive actions and more. Plus, you’ll find best practices from other colleges and universities that can be adapted into your own campus approach.
The Kit includes three targeted pieces to use with various campus audiences, including:
The 2024 Elections Guide. This 90-page guide offers two major sections:
National Elections and Campus Strategies: A Staff Guide to the 2024 Political Season – filled with interactive ideas, discussion prompts, activities, case studies, worksheets, campus best practices and more on topics such as:
- Addressing Potential Problems & Solutions
- Keeping Campus Community Members Safe
- Free Speech/Political Speech Considerations
- Promoting Inclusion and Contending with Bias
- Raising Awareness & Engaging in Respectful Discourse
- Student Activism
25 How-to Strategies for Positive Political Discourse – these 25 handouts and worksheets can be put into immediate action during programs, trainings, in-services and discussions with various groups.
- National Elections and Campus Strategies: A Staff Guide to the 2024 Political Season – filled with interactive ideas, discussion prompts, activities, case studies, worksheets, campus best practices and more on topics such as:
Five Full-Color Infographics. These reproducible infographics can be used as part of your social media strategy, during trainings, within educational displays and more to inform and engage today’s students.
PowerPoint Training on “Engaging in Respectful Discourse & Debate.” This ready-made 15-minute training educates campus community members on how to hold open, respectful discussions with others, no matter their views or political leanings.
SPECIAL BONUS! For a limited time, receive 50 Informed Discussions Student Guides with your order of a printed resource kit. These 8-page, full-color, student-friendly copies of the Informed Discussions: Respectful Communication, Discourse & Debate brochure can be used in multiple settings. While supplies last.
Use This Guide in a Variety of Ways
Use interactive discussion prompts, handouts, activities, case studies, best practices from other campuses and more to:
- Educate members of your campus community so they’re prepared for the nuanced situations that arise during election season
- Train staff members and student leaders to facilitate open, respectful discussions, program proactively and intervene effectively if things get heated
- Engage residential community and student organization members in safe, inclusive learning, message formation and dialogue
- Raise awareness among students in political science, civics, government, first-year experience and other classes
- Hold in-services for staff, support staff, faculty and other campus constituents
- Create passive programs and displays
- Engage in proactive awareness-raising while also responding reactively to election-related campus incidents
Two Versions to Choose From
Printed with Digital Download – includes a printed copy of The 2024 Elections Guide binder as well as digital access to all resources in the binder and accompanying license to share with your campus community. For a limited time, this also includes 50 printed Informed Discussions Student Guides. Price includes $9 shipping fee.
- Digital Download Only – includes digital access to the resources in the binder and accompanying license to share with your campus community.
Instructions for accessing this resource will be available immediately after purchase. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on