Overcome Skill, Experience and Succession Lapse Caused by the Pandemic
One of the many results of the pandemic is the leadership gap that now exists on campuses. COVID-19 created a disruption to campus’ normal student leadership experiences and succession process causing a leadership gap. The natural transition of knowledge and experience that is passed down from leader to leader has been lost, leaving current student leaders unprepared and advisors frustrated. New leaders are spending most of their time trying to learn on the “job”, navigate campus expectations, and as a result key elements and simple practices are getting lost.
Advisors must bridge that gap to help students overcome their deficiencies and lost organizational memory.
Join our expert presenter as he shares his 20+ years of advising and leadership experience working with diverse student organizations. He will provide an overview of the current gap and subsequent impact on student organizations and share how to capitalize on this opportunity for training and growth to prevent further deficiencies.
You will come away from this webinar confident in your ability to address the current leadership gap, put plans in place to prevent it from reoccurring and establish a process to “seed and feed” the pipeline with the best possible leaders to ensure continuity and successful leadership transition.
At the conclusion of the 90-minute webinar, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and understand this student leadership gap phenomenon – create strategies to combat this deficiency.
- Overcome frustration created by the student leadership gap – tune into simple practices and procedures that are being ignored so that your student leaders understand your expectations of them and can act to try to achieve them.
- Get back on track – build on tools and strategies that have worked on other campuses to move in a positive direction, so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel.
- Capitalize on the institutional memory that has been lost – utilize this loss in memory as an advantage for the redirection and reestablishment of expectations, behavior, and goals.
- Prevent gaps from occurring in the future – put plans in place now so that your next round of student leadership selection and training will set you up for success & growth.
Dr. Grant L. Azdell currently serves as the Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students, and is a Professor at Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, Virginia.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.