Updated for 2022!
Click Here to View Sample Pages
Lesbian. Gay. Bisexual. Transgender. Questioning. Intersectional. Asexual. Non-cisgender. Non-heterosexual. Non-binary.
Grasping how today’s students choose to identify outside of sexual and gender binaries is vital to how you can best support their health and safety on campus. Provide a welcoming, inclusive community for everyone; and retain them through graduation.
Make your institution a place where LGBTQIA+ students want to live and learn. This population is growing, which means that now is the time to explore their experiences and needs. You need to be better informed about who these students are so you can meet — and even exceed — their needs.
Gain the tools you need to support the growing population of LGBTQIA+ students and understand the compliance and legal requirements that pertain specifically to them with The LGBTQIA+ Supportive Campus: Developing Effective Policies, Programs & Practices Binder.
The LGBTQIA+ Supportive Campus resource offers significant, tangible ways to create supportive, inclusive environments for LGBTQIA+ students. Topics covered inside include:
- Who Are LGBTQIA+ Students Today? Become better informed about who today’s LGBTQIA+ students are and how they identify, including non-binary gender, non-binary sexuality, ace and aro, intersectionality and more, so you can be in the know and ready to take positive action.
- The Experiences of Gen Y and Z Students. You’ll benefit from the expertise of two professionals who work directly with LGBTQIA+ students on campus as they examine the realities of coming out and transitioning in college.
- The Political, Legal & Compliance Climate. Gain a better understanding of the compliance and legal issues pertaining to LGBTQIA+ students — including nondiscrimination policies and Title IX — so you can do right by students while also protecting your institution.
- Experiences and Needs on Campuses. This resource explores what the issues are — from bathrooms to classrooms, Greek life to athletics and more — and offers recommendations for meeting student needs and suggestions for policy language.
- Educational Materials & Resources. Inside you’ll find ready-made educational resources to use during training sessions with a wide variety of campus constituents, so you don’t have to create your own from scratch.
115+ page LGBTQIA+ Supportive Campus Binder which includes:
- Policy Checklists
- Policy Language & Recommendations
- Glossary of Terms
- Case Study Scenarios
- Fact Sheets for Training
- Resource List References
- And Much More!
Plus, your purchase includes a site license to share with your staff and campus community – perfect for your remote training initiatives!
Two Versions to Choose From
Printed with Digital Download – includes a printed copy of this resource as well as digital access to the enclosed materials and accompanying license to share with your campus community. Price includes $9 shipping fee.
- Digital Download Only – includes digital access to this resource and accompanying license to share with your campus community.
Upon purchase, the instructions for downloading this resource will be immediately available. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.