The popular, 100+ page Residence Life Case Studies Binder offers time-saving training tools on a wide variety of topics, from mental health concerns to compliance issues, staff troubles to student issues and much more.
Use these case studies to explore staff perceptions and responses to difficult scenarios before they happen.
These 50 residence life-specific case studies can be used during training sessions, staff development workshops, one-on-ones, staff meetings and more. They’ll help staffers be confident and better prepared to handle the challenging tasks present in their everyday jobs.
Each topic will include a comprehensive case study and discussion questions to help users make sense of the issue at hand. Some of the topics covered include:
- Mental health concerns
- Confidentiality and compliance
- Over-committed, unavailable staff members
- Adult children of divorce
- Handling sensitive situations
- Roommate and resident conflicts
- Sexual harassment and Title IX
- Diversity and inclusion
- Personal hygiene problems
- Alcohol and other drugs
- Disrespectful, entitled residents
- Documentation follow-up
- When residents rely on a staffer too much
- Controversial programming
- Emergency response
- Eating disorders
- Relationship violence
- International students
- Parental involvement
- LGBTQIA+ issues
- Financial challenges
- Returners vs. new staff
- Technology addiction
- Overwhelmed, unhealthy residents
- Basic needs insecurity
- Community responsibility/vandalism
- Event planning breakdown
- Working with veterans
- Being asked to “look the other way” with a policy
- Reputation management
- Social media concerns
- A death in the family
- Bad-mouthing a supervisor
- Disruptive visitors
- Academic struggles
And trainers will receive quick Personalization Prep tips with each case study, so they can gather specific institutional policies and resources to help staffers experience the case studies with intention.
Inside The Residence Life Case Studies Binder, you'll find training tools to help share this valuable information with appropriate audiences, including:
- Case Studies
- Discussion Questions
- Online access to all of the materials in PDF format
You can use these resources to:
- Prepare staff members to handle their jobs with competence and confidence.
- Remove the fear of the unknown associated with certain residence life situations.
- Offer comprehensive training and discussion tools, at the ready.
- Provide interactive training to engage staff members more effectively than passive training.
- Allow supervisors to see where their staff members may need some additional training.
Plus, your purchase includes a site license to share with your staff and campus community – perfect for your remote training initiatives!
Two Versions to Choose From
Printed with Digital Download – includes a printed copy of this resource as well as digital access to the enclosed materials and accompanying license to share with your campus community. Price includes $9 shipping fee.
- Digital Download Only – includes digital access to this resource and accompanying license to share with your campus community.
Upon purchase, the instructions for downloading this resource will be immediately available. For questions, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on