Maintain a Fair & Impartial Conduct Climate
Student conduct board training is an annual requirement on most campuses. It goes beyond simply “knowing the code of conduct”. Board members must be trained in a variety of areas, including subtle things like “putting duty in front of friendship”, “knowing when it is appropriate to recuse yourself from a case”, “understanding the concept of treating every student the same”, “holding other students accountable” and “peer pressure”. Although many student conduct administrators don’t like to do training, it is imperative to a well-run process.
Our seasoned presenter discusses what you need to know to train your conduct board so you can avoid missteps, ensure board members understand their role and students’ rights, and remain compliant.
Train your conduct board effectively and appropriately and feel confident that you have given them all the tools they need to make decisions that uphold your student conduct code. We’ll provide an outline for student conduct training to help save you time and effort, ensure you are meeting compliance requirements as efficiently as possible, and help you maintain a fair and impartial conduct climate.
As a result of this online training, you will be able to:
- Focus on essential, foundational elements and logistics necessary to train a conduct board to address student misconduct and code of conduct violations – help board members grasp the full extent of your student conduct process including the philosophy, how the process works and their critical role in the adjudication process.
- Identify the challenges and potential obstacles to creating a comprehensive conduct board training at your institution – break down any barriers that may exist to ensure that the campus community buys into establishing high standards, upholding institutional values and supporting the student conduct process.
- Learn how to make conduct board members self-aware of conflicts of interest and the possible need to recuse themselves from a case – maintain the integrity of your process.
- Access effective conduct training models to strengthen your current campus conduct process – provide best practices, sound conduct procedures, and due process that assures accountability and justice.
- Uphold the values and mission of your institution – promote an inclusive environment that supports students’ rights through the enforcement of the student conduct code and hearings.
Dr. Grant L. Azdell currently serves as the Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students, and is a Professor at Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, Virginia.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on