Friday, October 27, 2023
11:00 am – 12:30 pm ET
Case Studies to Overcome Communication Mis-steps & Leadership Deficits
The population of students entering our colleges and universities today have a very distinct set of challenges based on their experiences coming of age during the pandemic. Being an advisor to these students – either as individuals or for a club – requires a set of skills that are above and beyond the educational training that most faculty and staff may acquire during graduate school. Truly transform clubs and organizations on your campus with the right skill sets, such as:
- Navigating conflict resolution
- Framing conversations in the right way
- Helping students develop impactful programs that make sense
- Maintaining healthy relationships
- Assisting students with communication mis-steps and leadership deficits
- Building leadership and succession plans
Join us on October 27, 2023 as our seasoned and engaging presenter will help you develop these skill sets – and more – through actual case studies that will enable you to be better prepared to help students navigate through issues.
Competently and confidently serve as an advisor to clubs and organizations on your campus by exploring real-world examples that will help you in your day-to-day work as a student organization advisor. Your students’ retention, satisfaction and development depends on your ability to mentor and advise them as they grow as student leaders.
Gain crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you:
- Identify different strategies for working with students – help them achieve individual and organizational success.
- Clarify your role as a mentor to individual students, as well as clubs and organizations – feel confident and competent in your day-to-day role as a mentor and as an advisor in helping students overcome challenges and navigate student leader life.
- Develop a set of principles and values for building healthy relationships and rapport with students – practice and establish appropriate expectations for student learning and engagement.
- Think critically about the best approaches for challenging situations – make difficult decisions that align with your institution’s goals and mission.
Dr. Gregory J. (Greg) Nayor brings over 23 years of professional experience in higher education to his current role at La Salle as the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available 24-48 hours after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you 24 hours following the live webinar. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 1-866-295-0505 with any questions. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PaperClip Communications welcomes persons with disabilities to join our webinars. If you anticipate needing an accommodation or have questions about the online access provided, please email email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of your participation.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on