Legal Considerations, Industry Standards & Safety Objectives to Reduce Risk of Liability
Whether it's a white water rafting excursion, a rock climbing adventure or a scuba certification class, it's understood that there is inherent elevated risk and liability associated with these types of adventure-based academic and co-curricular programs. The challenge is striking a balance between real and perceived risk, and creating a risk-management culture will help you do that. Equip your leaders and facilitators with safety plans and refined protocols to help protect your campus from liability.
This webinar will guide you in putting protocols and essential strategies in place to reduce the probability and severity of accidents and injuries from occurring.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Accomplish your educational goals with less worry by guarding against liability and lawsuits.
- Develop practical response protocols that mitigate risks, so leaders/facilitators aren't caught off guard and can respond appropriately.
- Learn what resources you need to improve your current programs and better manage your students' and your institution's risks and legal exposure.
- Reduce the probability and severity of accidents and injuries from occurring.
Charles (Reb) Gregg is currently a licensed attorney in Houston, Texas and specializes in outdoor liability law.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.