Create Connection Points That Overcome Barriers for Engagement
Reducing your commuter students’ feelings of alienation and lack of campus involvement requires specific and intentional pathways to increase their satisfaction, success, and retention. Commuter students seek access to college resources in different ways than residential students.
Exceed your commuter students’ expectations by identifying effective strategies for communication, programming, connecting, and serving their needs so they can overcome any barriers to their success and allow them to be engaged and thrive at your institution.
Gather your staff and colleagues and in just 90 minutes, our expert presenter will show you and your team the intentional and concise communication, targeted programming and strategic outreach required to better serve your commuter students’ unique needs so you can attract, engage, retain, and graduate this growing population.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Recognize the diversity of your commuter students – better meet their unique needs and differentiate between commuter student subgroups so you can intentionally support transfers, military-connected, international, low-income, first-generation, older and parent students.
- Discover and implement successful strategies to engage commuter students in and outside of the classroom – help them successfully navigate their college experience and complete their degree.
- Reduce your commuter students’ feelings of alienation and lack of campus involvement – create strategies through targeted programs and support services to help them be engaged, satisfied and successful.
- Recognize commuter students’ diverse and unique beliefs about their own personal and academic abilities – provide individualized strategies and resources to allow them to reduce barriers to degree completion.
- Empower commuter students to be the most effective advocates for their own needs – develop high-impact programs and practices to enhance their success and satisfaction on your campus.
Dr. Catherine Briggs is currently the Dean of Student Success at Rowan College at Burlington County in New Jersey.
Click here for full bio.
Lauren Kuski is currently serving as the Associate Director for the Chamberlain Student Center and Campus Activities Office at Rowan University (NJ).
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on