Train Team Members on Bias, Racial Trauma, & Microaggressions
Train Your Team to Effectively Intervene in Difficult Situations Proactively, Compassionately, and With Confidence.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion should be at the center of all practices, and your Campus Care Management and Behavioral Intervention and Assessment Teams are no exception. Those who lead and serve on these teams must approach their review and decisions with a EDI lens, so training on key concepts such as bias, racial trauma and microaggressions must be included for these individuals. Additionally, representation on these teams is essential in meeting the needs of your diverse and evolving student community.
Join our campus experts as they share strategies and improvements to Campus Care Management and BIT/BAIT development to ensure a more equitable and inclusive process. You’ll come away with proven tools and strategies you can implement on your campus immediately in preparation for the increased challenges surrounding student mental health and wellness needs.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Examine existing BIT/BAIT and Care Team member representation on your campus and propose strategies for improvement – review best practices for forming diverse representation to provide the necessary support to meet the needs of your diverse and evolving student community.
- Identify essential campus partners to create a collaborative and institution-wide approach to support students – ensure team members are well-trained in key concepts such as bias, racial trauma, microaggression, and addressing mental health and wellness concerns through a DEI lens.
- Understand the scope of the current student mental health and wellness challenges – be prepared so you can respond proactively and quickly when the need arises.
- Infuse a holistic care consideration into your process - make sure your team will confidently intervene in difficult situations proactively, compassionately, and effectively.
- Ensure equitable and inclusive processes – focus on creating a welcoming, equitable environment where all campus community members can learn and thrive.
Dr. Gregory J. (Greg) Nayor currently serves as the Vice President of Strategic Initiatives at Daemen College in Amherst, NY. In this capacity, Dr. Nayor provides leadership to all areas of student affairs, enrollment management, and over-arching strategic initiatives for the College. Additionally, Dr. Nayor serves as associate faculty in the Masters of Science of Education (MSHE) Program at Penn State University and the University at Buffalo. Dr. Nayor is also a Senior Consultant with Azdell-Morgan Organizational Management Solutions, LLC., a consulting firm that specializes in Campus Safety and Administrative on-site evaluation projects that include training of institutional personnel.
Click here for full bio.
Naomi Sigg is the Senior Associate Dean of Students at Case Western University in Cleveland, Ohio and plays a major role in the development of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives on campus and in the Division of Student Affairs.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.