Move Everyone Towards a Common, Shared Goal
Colleges and universities have found themselves in a tenuous situation – strategic planning and action are required for survival. Strategic planning does not have to be as complicated as it seems and, if done properly, can have a profound impact on the health and well-being of an institution.
Hear from our expert presenter as he focuses on the bigger picture of strategic planning. By simplifying the process you will be better able to create a strategic planning process that will work for your institution.
Managing a strategic planning process for many seems daunting or overwhelming. However, if done correctly and organized efficiently, it will make an organization incredibly effective. Removing the mystique around it is what is a challenge. This session is designed to help unpack the challenges with strategic planning processes and help you avoid the pitfalls that come with it.
You will take away critical, actionable tools that will help you:
- Demystify the strategic planning process – design or finetune a process that is simple, straightforward, and powerful so you can move everyone in the same direction.
- Identify key stakeholders – organize campus community members in a manner that will include maximum involvement and engagement.
- Develop a culture of assessment as part of planning – tie annual reports, budgeting and strategic planning together in one simple system.
- Effectively communicate the plan – create buy-in from key stakeholders by developing a robust communication plan.
Dr. Gregory J. (Greg) Nayor currently serves as the Vice President of Strategic Initiatives at Daemen College in Amherst, NY. In this capacity, Dr. Nayor provides leadership to all areas of student affairs, enrollment management, and over-arching strategic initiatives for the College. Additionally, Dr. Nayor serves as associate faculty in the Masters of Science of Education (MSHE) Program at Penn State University and the University at Buffalo. Dr. Nayor is also a Senior Consultant with Azdell-Morgan Organizational Management Solutions, LLC., a consulting firm that specializes in Campus Safety and Administrative on-site evaluation projects that include training of institutional personnel.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.