Provide Services through an Equitable Lens
Offices of Career Services must work to apply an equitable lens to all areas of their work in order to best serve their ever-diversifying student populations and to help shape the world of work that students will be entering.
Our expert presenters outline how to apply a multi-faceted DEI approach to a variety of career situations and stakeholders while centering student success in a search process. You’ll walk away with tools for multi-cultural career advising, how to engage employers in DEI recruitment and retention, and how to use data and assessments to further DEI work in career services.
You’ll be able to apply an equity-focused lens in order to critically examine your organization’s existing services and programs while also generating new strategies for engaging students, employers and campus partners in conversations surrounding diversity, inclusion and career.
You will take away critical, actionable tools that will help you:
- Describe a new multiculturally competent career advising strategy – support students with diverse identities in their career search.
- Explain to employers the benefit of an asset-based approach when recruiting diverse talent – engage employers in DEI recruitment and retention efforts.
- Apply an equity-based lens to identify one area of improvement for your assessments – incorporate DEI practices into your data and assessment to better understand a variety of student experiences.
- Apply three DEI approaches to Career Services related topics/scenarios – walk away with best practices so you can audit your efforts and determine areas to highlight for improvement, without having to reinvent the wheel!
Sam Boren is an Employer Relations Manager at the Colorado State University Career Center.
Click here for full bio.
Jenny Kim is the Assessment Coordinator at the Colorado State University Career Center.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on