Improve the Student Experience & Produce Positive Impacts On Enrollment
Esports programs can be found on campuses around the world. Unfortunately, the fever to add an exciting new experience with significant growth potential in the areas of enrollment and student engagement has resulted in programs being created across various divisions – from student affairs to athletics – with little uniformity.
How do you develop a program that wins in competitions and enriches the student experience while producing overall student success? The cacophony of opinions can be frustrating and confusing for all involved.
An esports program rooted in student development theory and a strong understanding of organizational culture can improve the student experience and produce positive impacts on enrollment. You can create opportunities for access to athletics in a way that traditional athletics cannot – and provide a culture of acceptance and celebration of difference.
Our expert presenter provides additional support in developing the culture of your program and learning how to navigate student support resources and co-curricular instruction. Whether you are an expert in the field of esports or a seasoned student affairs professional, this online training opportunity will help you drive recruitment and program growth through effective communication of the co-curricular aspects of esports to both recruits and their families.
Develop a program based on research-based concepts to develop the whole student. You’ll see success in your students – and in the arena!
You’ll gain crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you:
- Root your program in student development theory, student leadership principles and a strong understanding of organizational culture – improve the student experience and produce positive impacts on enrollment.
- Allow team competition, develop successful student behaviors, provide leadership opportunities, and create a culture of acceptance and celebration of difference – develop the whole student.
- Design an esports co-curriculum with measurable goals to track performance and demonstrate the success of student learning initiatives – be able to justify human and fiscal resources funneling in your direction.
- Incorporate inclusive excellence concepts and practices into your recruiting process and overall program opportunities – effectively articulate the co-curricular aspects and student-centered goals of your esports program to both recruits and their families.
Dr. James McGhee is currently the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Associate Dean of Students at Randolph-Macon College located in Ashland, Virginia.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.