Maximize Outreach and Connection
In a generation where families of today’s students are actively-involved participants in the college experience, institutions are increasingly offering programs, resources and outreach specifically geared toward families in order to engage this population.
Family and parent programming serves a unique opportunity: a chance to communicate points of pride for an institution, a vital opportunity for interaction and engagement, and a potential source of revenue generation. Quality family and parent programming efforts can serve as a catalyst for a family’s commitment to their student’s education at your institution from start to finish. Purposeful, well-organized programs and initiatives offer the personal touch that can make a significant difference to a family, after engaging solely through virtual platforms such as websites and social media.
In just 90 minutes, you and your staff will hear from our expert presenters on creative ways to engage families both virtually and in person, how to help ensure programming is accessible to and affordable for families, and communication tools for the most impactful outreach and connection.
Take your opportunities for interaction and engagement and demonstration of campus pride to the next level.
Leverage parent and family programming to highlight your campus culture and to enhance your relationships with families. Plus, show the value your school brings to the entire educational experience so you can increase interaction and revenue overall.
Participants will be able to:
- Develop key strategies to increase family and parent engagement, creating greater interaction with the entire campus community and a greater opportunity for the institution to deliver its message – add the personal touch with quality virtual and in-person interactions.
- Showcase the college’s value at a time when fiscal pressures are affecting nearly every family – enhance your relationships with families.
- Develop long-term goals for family and parent programming, based on demonstrated best practices, in conjunction with other mission-critical institutional goals.
- Create action steps to initiate your planning cycle for future parent and family programming and initiatives – continue to build on your strategies so you can showcase your institution and provide effective opportunities for interaction and engagement to the best of your ability.
- Provide an opportunity for revenue generation to contribute to departmental or university-wide goals.
Rebecca McCrory (she/her) joined the New Student and Family Programs team at George Mason University in January 2017 as a Coordinator and has advanced to her current role as Associate Director. Rebecca is responsible for providing vision and leadership for comprehensive programming and services specifically designed to engage Mason families, and she has helped University Life and departments across campus develop a more cohesive approach to engaging parents and families to support student success.
Click here for full bio.
Daylen Orlick (he/him) serves as the Associate Director for Family Programs at George Mason University. He joined George Mason University in January of 2021 and has enjoyed every minute of it
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on