Create Effective Programs to Empower Campus Faculty & Staff to Best Support Your Military Affiliated Students
You can improve sensitivity to Military Culture and the values that impact your military-affiliated students with a holistic approach that fosters collaboration and resource sharing. Help military-affiliated students overcome campus culture shock by proactively engaging in conversations, offering compassionate support, and providing the necessary programs to provide a truly holistic supportive campus environment.
Join this step-by-step “train the trainer” webinar as our expert presenter shares the template for building a Green Zone program on your campus. He will offer practical strategies, real-world examples, and actionable steps for implementing effective Green Zone training programs. He will share his “tool kit” and how his campus meets the unique academic, social and career goals of their veterans and military-affiliated students – so you can too!
Equip your frontline faculty and staff with this essential training. Increase buy-in from key campus partners to help promote and establish an inclusive atmosphere that successfully transitions military-affiliated students to your campus and supports their academic and personal goals as they persist toward graduation.
As a result of this online training, you will be able to:
- Identify the key components and structure for each phase of the Green Zone training program – ensure you are building a comprehensive, holistic, and effective training program from the ground up.
- Utilize the step by step “train the trainer” approach to develop or enhance a Green Zone training program on your campus – incorporate practical strategies, real-world examples, and actionable steps to ensure you address the unique needs of military-affiliated students.
- Increase buy-in from key campus partners – establish an inclusive atmosphere that successfully transitions veterans to your campus, helps them overcome any campus culture shock, engage in the campus community, and persist through to graduation.
- Equip those frontline faculty and staff members who interface with military-affiliated students regularly with the Green Zone training they need to understand and embrace the military culture – ensure tailored, culturally-competent academic advising, career services and campus counseling to support military-affiliated students without perpetuating stigmas or stereotypes.
Camden Ege is currently serving as the Program Coordinator in the Office of Military Affairs at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on