Thursday, April 13, 2023
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
Develop Proper Guidelines, Documentation, & Reporting Structures to Limit Liability & Mitigate Risk
Institutions of higher education are organizations that are wrought with liability. One of the more challenging situations is how colleges and universities manage minors on campus. From student activities events to pre-college programs and everything in between, minors add a great deal to the campus environment. At the same time, there are a myriad of challenges that are presented with minors on campus for which administrators must address.
Join us on April 13, 2023 when our seasoned expert presenter will guide you through the critical issues related to minors on campus and practical ways you can meet legal obligations, improve current policies and protocols, and safeguard your young guests. You’ll be better able to develop a culture of awareness on your campus around liability, understand how to best address those liabilities proactively, and ensure a safe and secure campus environment.
Take steps to implement institution-wide protection protocols, identify leading practices to protect children and youth, and ensure a safe and compliant environment for all the youth you host.
As a result of this online training, you will be able to:
- Identify the relevant legal principles and guidelines used to manage risks arising from hosting minors on campus – limit liability and mitigate risk.
- Develop strategies for addressing gaps in youth policy creation/coordination – develop proper guidelines, comprehensive documentation forms and reporting structures so you can address foreseeable situations on campus and liability areas before problems occur.
- Create simple policies and processes for organizations to bring youths on campus – coordinate the effort campus-wide so departments can work together in keeping youth safe and the institution protected.
- Empower administrators to effectively create programs around liability and liability awareness.
Dr. Gregory J. (Greg) Nayor currently serves as the Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives at Daemen University in Amherst, NY.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available 24-48 hours after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you 24 hours following the live webinar. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 1-866-295-0505.
For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.