Tuesday, December 5, 2023
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
Minimize Institutional Risk and Liability
The law, and cases that help define it, is ever-changing and few campus professionals have the time to remain current with the legal landscape of Greek Life. All of this is evidenced by the 13 states that have expanded their criminal hazing laws, organizations rescinding membership to trans-gender and non-binary members and as a result current members suing their organization, several men’s fraternities choosing to withdraw as university recognized organizations, ongoing First Amendment challenges, and the ever-shifting relationship between alumni housing corporations and undergraduate members who live in chapter facilities.
Gather key stakeholders on your campus and join us on Tuesday, December 5, 2023, as our expert presenter – Attorney and former national men’s fraternity CEO David Westol – outlines relevant case law and how current social issues are impacting the future of fraternal organizations. Having served as an expert witness in 28 cases involving national fraternities & sororities, he can help your institution proactively address these issues.
Gain crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you:
- Minimize risk and institutional liability and promote student safety and success at your institution by addressing the need for harm reduction and hazing prevention.
- Distinguish the difference between First Amendment protections and organizational/personal rights using previous and current case law.
- Identify the legal status of chapters that are no longer recognized by your university but continue to operate and live in the community.
- Understand the emerging legal issues and trends facing alumni housing corporations and the town versus gown mentality that impacts zoning, minimum standards and liability issues.
- Dispel the myth that Title IX protects the single sex status of fraternal organizations and delve into the recent cases involving trans-gender and non-binary memberships being rescinded.
David Westol is currently the Principal and Owner of Limberlost Consulting, Inc. in Carmel, Indiana.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Access for your entire team for one low price
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you approximately 24 hours following the live webinar. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-295-0505 with any questions. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.
PaperClip Communications welcomes persons with disabilities to join our webinars. If you anticipate needing an accommodation or have questions about the online access provided, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance of your participation.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on