Cultivate a Safe & Inclusive Community
Incorporating gender neutral terms and cultivating spaces that are truly inclusive can help remove some unconscious stereotyping that may exist. This can be confusing and many worry about unintentionally offending someone due to lack of knowledge. Understanding the important verbiage to use to properly address gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, and romantic orientation, and using them properly, directly impacts the safety and dignity of Transgender and Genderqueer students, staff, and faculty and is critical in creating a sense of belonging for all.
Our expert presenter will answer those questions and more—helping participants navigate the confusion that may come with learning about gendered language, gender identity and expression. You’ll explore the importance of pronouns and chosen names, engage in learning and growth in a way that will allow you to examine your own levels of allyship to ensure the dignity of others, and strategies to create a more safe and inclusive community.
As a result of this online training, you will be able to:
- Create institutional policies inclusive of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, names, and pronouns – create a culture where chosen names are used to ensure that students, faculty, and staff feel valued, seen and respected.
- Develop policies and practices that allow for name changes and updates to gender markers – integrate campus wide technology systems to incorporate and update all records to avoid frustration and marginalization of your community members.
- Recognize the current LGBTQ+ related terminology – assess when and where it’s appropriate to use to make your campus spaces more inclusive.
- Gain confidence and a deeper understanding of your own levels of allyship – ensure the dignity of all by creating a safe and inclusive community.
- Provide opportunities to understand the different pronouns most used today for self-identification – navigate gendered language with confidence and respect to avoid frustration and foster the safety and dignity of your entire community.
Kara Tellaisha, MBA (she/her) is currently the Administrative Director, Cleveland Sex & Intimacy Counseling and most recently she served as the Director of LGBTQ+ Student Services at Cleveland State University.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on