Ensure Engagement Through a Campus-wide Approach
In the second year of college, when students are facing escalating pressure and demands, institutions often neglect to provide adequate support. Pivot and enhance your efforts to help combat the “sophomore slump” – and avoid the risk of losing them – by assessing and improving your support initiatives to best meet the diverse and growing needs of these students.
Our expert presenter will review lessons learned and help you utilize the data to bridge the gap between academic and co-curricular divisions to become an essential resource to sophomore students by providing the services they may not even know they need. Ensure collaboration with all support services — both on and off campus.
As a result of attending this on-line learning you will be able to:
- Overcome concerns about academic preparedness and rigor – provide holistic support, including metacognition strategies to build critical thinking and integrate new possibilities for student learning and engagement.
- Assess and examine the role that faculty and support staff play to implement sustained engagement with your rising sophomores – build out a new sophomore year experience on your campus through mentoring/coaching connection, collaboration, and creative efforts.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with support services including mental health, tutoring, socialization, outside of the classroom learning/dynamics and campus life – create a campus-wide approach for experiences and initiatives that will get – and keep your sophomore students on track to persist toward graduation.
- Develop resources for faculty and staff to address the diverse and growing needs of sophomores – ensure they are empowered to provide the critical support and assistance their students need so they do not fall through the cracks.
- Draw from lessons learned – provide valuable campus and community resources your students may not even know they need by proactively addressing problems and challenges.
Correy Hammond currently serves as the Director of Student Success at Louisiana State University- Shreveport.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on