Thursday, July 14, 2022
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
Better Understand Their Needs and Create a Culture of Inclusivity
Adjunct faculty often feel disconnected from the institution where they work and unappreciated by the campus community. When adjuncts don’t feel a sense of belonging or institutional support, retaining them can be difficult. In turn, when institutions don’t know how to properly support this specific population of faculty, adjuncts cannot devote their energies to best supporting our students.
Join us on July 14, 2022 when you will explore how to create a stronger sense of belonging and organizational sense of support for your adjunct faculty, including reaching a variety of adjunct faculty types and achieving a more integrated faculty body overall.
You will take away critical, actionable tools that will help you:
- Strategically integrate the faculty body – improve teaching and learning as everyone works collaboratively to achieve your institution’s academic mission and student learning and success rates overall.
- Set up adjunct faculty for success from the very beginning of onboarding – identify and provide the unique supports most important to your adjunct faculty so you can improve their engagement, satisfaction and retention.
- Maximize your adjunct faculty’s expertise and versatility – find ways to better get to know them and engage them outside of teaching so they become more vested in your institution.
- Understand the unique challenges adjunct faculty experience and must overcome – provide adequate channels for adjunct faculty to communicate about teaching conditions and other support they may need.
Dr. Donna Vandergrift is currently the Dean of Liberal Arts at Rowan College of Burlington County, an innovative community college located in the largest county of New Jersey with a student body of over 6,000 students.
Click here for full bio.
Gina Yanuzzi is an Assistant Professor at Rowan College of Burlington County (RCBC) in the Department of Composition, Literature, and Film.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available 24-48 hours after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you 24 hours following the live webinar. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 1-866-295-0505.
For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.