Risk Management Strategies to Mitigate Institutional & Traveler Danger
International study abroad experiences remain a high impact practice for students. Unfortunately, risk is inherent in international travel, and study abroad experiences are not exempt from concern.
In 90 minutes our expert presenter examines risks associated with operating international programs and provides solutions as to how institutions and international travelers can mitigate that risk. Case studies allow participants to immediately practice what they are learning throughout the training. In addition, legal cases involving study abroad programs are referenced to demonstrate the importance of risk management and emergency preparedness.
Hear best practices and insights from across the field of international education to ensure your institution can mitigate risk and offer successful study abroad programs.
As a result of this online training, you will be able to:
- Evaluate your own risk management protocols – make changes to enhance these protocols and ensure alignment with institutional tolerance to mitigate institutional and traveler danger.
- Examine the ever-increasing duty of care and traveler/leader expectations – safeguard against legal gaps and put key risk management strategies in place for your trip leaders and travelers before they leave your campus.
- Identify key stakeholders and assess cross-departmental collaboration opportunities –implement an emergency action plan that encourages collaboration with campus and international stakeholders and is in line with institution’s risk tolerance.
- Review the Department of Education guidance on the use of third-party vendors and the potential increased reporting requirements under the proposed Title IX regulations – understand the potential impact of these regulations on institutions, travelers, and trip leaders so that you can minimize institutional risk.
- Implement a comprehensive training and pre-departure program which prepares travelers and trip leaders to respond in the case of an emergency – protect yourself and your institution by putting key risk management strategies in place, so you can mitigate lawsuits and reduce the risk of tragedies.
Whitney Longnecker currently serves as the Director of Study Abroad at Texas Tech University.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on