The Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Sense of Belonging (DEIS) Positive Action Team (PAT) at Michigan Technological University is composed of staff, faculty, and administrators charged with implementing a range of fast-start DEIS initiatives. Chaired by the Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion, the PAT is focusing on “implementing Michigan Tech Policy 1.13, Preferred First Name and Personal Pronouns” during the 2022-23 academic year. Four task groups are working on the project: Technology, Policies and Procedures, Training, and Communication.
Team members include:
- Director of Diversity and Inclusion Operations
- Director of the Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Professor of Organizational Behavior, College of Business
- Assistant Professor, Engineering Fundamentals
- Executive Director, Equal Opportunity Compliance and Title IX
- Associate Director of Residence Education
- Executive Director for Communications, University Marketing and Communications
- Department Chair and Associate Professor, Cognitive and Learning Sciences
- Assistant Provost for Faculty Development
- Associate Teaching Professor, Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics
- Director - William G. Jackson Center for Teaching and Learning
Find programs and initiatives like this one that you can adapt to your institution in our NEW Creating a Campus Culture of Belonging resource guide.